Anonymous Login
Employee Login
Employer Login
Our Services
Send a Message
Start a Dialogue
Our Advice
User Forum
Professional Help
Report a Problem
Take a Survey
Tell Me More
I am an Employee
I am an Employer
How is it Anonymous?
How Does it Work?
Other F.A.Q.
Common Concerns
Workplace Bullying
Workplace Violence
Safety Issues
Health Issues
Overworking Issues
Poor Employee Morale
Lack of Training
Lack of Tools
Sexual Harassment
Wrongful Termination
Disability Feasibility
Unethical Behavior
Corporate Fraud
Employee Theft
Falsifying Documents
Poor Supervision
Poor Communication
Office Romance
Overworked Employees
Office Odors

Anonymous Employee User Forum


Send this page to a friend Send this page to a friend
Ask a question Post a Question to the Forum
Suggest Advice Suggest advice for this problem

Can you help this person? They have a problem with
Wrongful Termination and need some advice.


See the next submission
This is the original problem from an employee...
I worked for a company for 3 yrs. I recently got terminated based on a lie from an assistant manager. I was accused of giving a relative a 15% discount when ringing up. I asked from cashier to watch me while I rang up this person. Loss prevention came in a month later and decided to terminate me based on what that assistant manager said instead of actually investigating. They could not even remember the date. I was asked to call my sister and see if she could remember when the purchase was done.

Assistant manager claims she was right there and saw me when in fact she did not even work that day. If the assistant manager was present why would I ask the front cashier to watch me. Does not make sense. I told them I had proof I did not give discount. I remember what sister bought and can prove it by pulling upon receipt. They did not show any proof. I don't know what action to take. I was asked to pay back the supposedly $3.60 back. If they can't remember the day how can they ask me to pay anything back.  
Employee: anonymous
Rate This: (Higher = Better)


A visitor of this site offers this as a possible solution...
It seems that they are at fault and you should seek legal advice if you want to be compensated for the income you lost since they fired you without just cause (because they have no evidence). In Canada, we take up works issues to the ministry of labour. Not sure where you are, but there should be an employment department you can go to or perhaps an agency that deals with employment services and issues. If you are confident and you have proof, you shouldn't tolerate that kind of treatment, you can fight back and have them compensate you for whatever this is costing you.
Contributor: visitor
How helpful is this?:

A visitor of this site offers this as a possible solution...
If I was you I would seek legal assistant that would help assist you in this matter. It sound like you may have good grounds for legal action against the company and assistant manager for falsely accusing you of an unlawful act.

P.S. Best of luck.
Contributor: visitor
How helpful is this?:

Do you have some advice that can help this person?
Do you have a problem you would like advice for?

Disclaimer: The advice displayed within this site is not legal advice and is not to be taken as legal or professional advice in any way. Any communication within this forum is intended only to discuss a number of possible options. All ratings have come from site visitors and reflect a peer review only.


add to
add to  
add this page as a link in digg
add to digg